Our historical treat for today is a photo of three Packer coaches — head coach Curly Lambeau, and two of his his assistants, Walt Keisling (left), and the immortal Don Hutson (right). This would probably be from between 1945 and 1948. Keisling coached the line, while Hutson handled the ends and backs. While Hutson is well-known to history-minded Green Bay fans, they most likely aren’t familiar with Keisling. A native of Saint Paul, Minnesota, he played both offensive and defensive line at the University of St. Thomas (Minnesota). His professional career took him to the Duluth Eskimos, Pottsville Maroons, Chicago Cardinals, Chicago Bears, Green Bay Packers (1935-1936), and Pittsburgh Steelers.
• Here are coach Mike McCarthy’s comments on the team’s prep for future opponents.
• The McCarren Report: A changing of the guard at LT.
PACKERS ON THE FIELD:
• Packers Team Report
• Packers-Browns Preseason Week 2 Dope Sheet
• It's official: Benson’s a Packer
• Training Camp Report #13: Sunday, Aug. 12
• No news is relatively good news on injury front
• Training Camp Report #12: Saturday, Aug. 11